Paramount Pictures Corporation released their first motion picture, The Lost Paradise (1914), on either 31 August or 1 September 1914. Paramount was originally a distribution company for Bosworth, Incorporated, Famous Players Film Company, Jesse L. Lasky Feature Play Company, Incorporated, Oz Film Manufacturing Company, and Pallas Pictures. Famous Players-Lasky Corporation purchased Paramount circa September-October 1916. In January 1918, Paramount became a distribution brand name for Famous Players-Lasky Corporation. Distribution responsibilities were returned to the Paramount name in the early 1920s. The company became a production company in early 1927 and then, in late 1927 production activities were consolidated under the Paramount Famous Lasky Corporation name.
Paramount distributed productions by Christie Film Company, Incorporated (1927 through circa 1929).
References: Brownlow-Parade pp. 68, 81, 82, 168, 192, 194, 427, 433, 574; Miller-Comedies p. 7.