|The Selig Polyscope Company, Incorporated
|Type of Company
||Production and distribution company
|Country of Origination
||United States of America
|Years of Operation
Active 1898 through [?] 1918 or 1920?
||Colonel William N. Selig
||43-45 Peck Court, Chicago, Illinois, USA (circa January 1908)
45-47-49 East Randolph Street, Chicago, Illinois, USA (circa 1909)
20 East Randolph Street, Chicago, Illinois, USA (circa 1913)
||45-47-49 East Randolph Street, Chicago, Illinois, USA (circa 1909)
in the block bordered by Irving Park Road, Western Avenue, Byron Street and Claremont Street, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Jacksonville, Florida (Winter production)
1845 Allesandro [?] Street or Avenue? (Glendale Boulevard), Edendale (Los Angeles), California, USA
3900 Mission Road, [?] Edendale? California, USA (built 1911)
The Selig Polyscope Company was previously The W.N. Selig Company. The Selig Polyscope Company was incorporated by circa January 1908 into The Selig Polyscope Company, Incorporated.
The company’s productions were self-distributed until circa April 1910, when Selig was forced to distributed through The General Film Company, Incorporated (through circa April 1914). Selig joined other companies to establish V-L-S-E, Incorporated, which took over Selig distribution circa April 1914 through September 1916. In 1920, Selig productions were distributed on State Rights basis by Warner Brothers Pictures, Incorporated.
References: Robinson-Palace pp. 115, 116, 117 : with additional information provided by Jeff Look.