The Thomas Meighan Theatre first presented the film The New Klondike (1926) starring Thomas Meighan, who did not attend the premiere but sent a congratulatory telegram.
The first sound film shown at the theater was on 9 March 1930, with Thomas Meighan present to push the button. Later in 1930, the theater reverted to silent films until improved sound equipment could be installed. Admission prices were temporarily lowered during the delayed transition to sound.
The theater is currently operating as a community playhouse that has been renamed the Richey Suncoast Theatre.
References: Additional information provided by Jeff Miller and Gary Vitacco-Robles.