The Mark Strand Theatre was a first-run house. Mitchell Mark hired impresario Samuel ‘Roxy’ Rothafel to manage the theater. At first, the theater was a live venue that likely occasionally exhibited motion pictures. During the latter part of the silent era, many major film productions premiered at the Mark Strand Theatre. In 1929, the theater became an exclusively motion picture venue and its seating capacity was reduced to 2750.
In 1951, the Mark Strand Theatre was renamed the Warners Theater. After a closed-door renovation, the theater reopened in 1953 as Warner Cinerama, a Cinerama venue.
In 1968, the venue was converted into a triplex and reopened on 30 July 1968.
The building was demolished on 8 February 1987.
References: FilmDaily-1923 p. 401; FilmDaily-1926 p. 547 : Cinema Treasures website; Website-Wikipedia : with additional information provided by Stephen M. Gross.