The State Theatre was a neighborhood theater in northeast Portland, near the downtown district.
Portland’s street numbering changed in 1933. The State was renamed the Vista Theatre in 1941, and quickly was renamed the 21st Avenue Theatre in 1942.
In 1965, the theater was again renamed the Cinema 21. About the same time the theater’s seating was reduced to 640.
References: Oregon Historical Society website.