Clune’s Auditorium was originally built in 1906, the Temple Baptist Church doubled as a public auditorium with its more than 2500 seats. When William Clune leased the auditorium for motion picture presentations in the early 1910s, it was the largest motion picture theater west of New York, New York. Clune’s lease appears to have terminated in 1920.
The venue was leased to the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra in the 1920s, as which time it was referred to as the Philharmonic Auditorium.
William Clune leased the theater from 1915 through 1920.
References: Additional information provided by Lars Hedlind and Joe Vogel.