|Type of Company
||Production and distribution company
|Country of Origination
||United States of America
|Years of Operation
||Active 1893 through April 1911
||Thomas A. Edison
Alfred O. Tate (through May 1895)
William E. Gilmore, vice president and general manager (1 April 1895-June 1908)
James H. White, production department head (October 1896-November 1902)
William Markgraf, production department head (December 1902-March 1904)
Alex T. Moore, production department head (March 1904-March 1909)
Horace G. Plimpton, production department head (March 1909-August 1915)
||72 Lakeside Avenue, Orange, New Jersey, USA (circa 1908)
10 Fifth Avenue, New York, New York, USA (circa 1908)
304 Wabash Avenue, Chicago, Illinois, USA (circa 1908)
||“Black Maria” studio, West Orange, New Jersey (circa 1893 through ?)
East 21st Street, New York, New York (January 1901 through ?)
Bronx, New York (1907 through ?)
Edison Manufacturing Company was the overall corporate entity that controlled Edison patents and manufacturing.
The Edison “Black Maria” studio was completed in February 1893. Early films were produced for the Kinetoscope, later films for distribution to exhibitors.
Motion picture production was transfered to a new corporation, Thomas A. Edison, Incorporated, in April 1911.
References: Robinson-Palace pp. 45, 77, 79, 113 : MovPicWorld-19080704 p. 20.